2016 ROAD RACE SERIES
It's business as usual for the Road Warrior alum, but for anyone who will call this Series their first, please read on to be sure you are familiar with the locations, policies, and all of the goodies we have in store for you.
MRTC is going GREEN! There are no hard copy registration forms in the Roadrunner or online. If you prefer to pay by check, please choose the MAIL-IN option at the Registration link (left side of this page), complete your online information, print the confirmation and send that with your check to:
PO Box 17981
Memphis, TN 38187-0981
Please review the bullet points, below, for information on
registration, mailing of bibs and chips, etc.
*For the first time ever, we are excited to offer an opportunity for you to have your name printed on your RRS bib IF you register for the FULL SERIES by May 1, 2016. First names only, please. Registering early helps us allocate and budget time, expense and resources. Also, we want you to more easily meet and greet your fellow club members and runners by displaying your first name or nickname.
** If you register for the FULL SERIES or THE FIRST 5K we will be MAILING your bib and chip to you if you register prior to June 1st. Chips & bibs will begin mailing after May 15th.
PACKET PICK UP AND ON-SITE REGISTRATION - IF YOU REGISTER LATER THAN April 30th- LOCATION TO BE ANNOUNCED
- Full Series Pre-registration (prior to midnight July 9, 2016): $90 non members - $65 members
- Full Series Late or Race-day registration: $115 non members - $90 members
- Single Race Registration: $20
- Late (after midnight prior to day of event) or Single Race-day registration: $25
- Mini-series for ages 12 and under (prior to midnight July 9, 2016): $39
- Mini-series for ages 12 and under (after midnight July 9, 2016): $53
- IPICO Chip timing will be in use for the 2016 RRS! These are souvenir chips, which do NOT have to be turned in at the end of the series
- DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION -- INCLUDING CHIP/PACKET PICK UP FOR THOSE WHO ARE PRE-REGISTERED -- WILL CLOSE PROMPTLY AT 6:30am ON ALL RACE DAYS.
- If you register for the FULL SERIES or THE FIRST 5K we will be MAILING your bib and chip to you if you register prior to June 1st. Chips & bibs will mail after May 15th.
- All registrants after April 30th will need to pick up their chips and bibs at packet pick-up on Saturday, July 9th to ensure they have them prior to the first race.
- All registrations for either the full series OR the individual races after the first 5K will have to pick their packets up on race day, prior to 6:30 am.
- If you have not received your bib and chip by about July 5th PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org so we can check on things. Back-up packets are available for pre-registrants; you must arrive prior to 6:30am on race day.
- PINS and TIES will be available at the race sites and are not included in the mailing (they get smashed in the USPS machines).
- We will have extra chips available for rental for emergencies.
- Day of race registration/bib/packet pickup cut off times are also posted in the Roadrunner newsletter, on the MRTC website and on the MRTC Facebook page. MRTC makes every effort to transmit this information via email to its members and registrants, but accepts no responsibility for any email delivery failures. It is the runner's responsibility to know the rules of the Road Race Series and MRTC is not responsible for failure of any runner/participant to familiarize themselves with these rules.
- CHIP should be horizontal on the top of your running shoe. You can tie it on using your shoe laces, or you can pick up zip ties at the race registration site. Chip needs to be on your shoe in order for the timing system to read it. Chip should be worn to every race. If you forget your chip, you can rent one for $10. If you lose your chip you can buy a new one or $30.
- BIB should be worn on the front of your shirt or running shorts. The bib is used for backup. In the case of a chip read fail our volunteers can find you on the back up video of the finish line. If your bib wears out, blank bibs are available at every race registration.